Location : Chicago, IL
Fax : 312-977-0795
Email : E-mail Me
Michael Scanlon is an Associate Attorney at Healy Scanlon Law Firm. Prior to Michael’s career in litigation, he attended Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. At Creighton, Michael graduated with a degree in Finance and Economics.
Michael graduated in the top third of his class at DePaul University College of Law. While at DePaul University College of Law, Michael received two CALI “Excellence for the Future” Awards. These awards recognize that Michael received the highest grade in his class for Evidence and for Conflict of Laws, two significant subject areas in personal injury law.
Michael has personally attained the following results for his clients:
- $300,000 for a minor who was injured when she was hit off of her bike by another biker who was speeding around a corner of a bike path. The client sustained scars to her face.
- $250,000 for a client who was t-boned by a non-commercial vehicle. The client required placement of a mesh for a hernia she sustained in the collision.
- $200,000 for a client whose foot was run over by a vehicle driven by an employee of an elderly care service company. The defendant attempted to claim that it was not responsible for the injuries because its employee had clocked out at the time of the injury.
- $210,000 for a client who was rear ended by a police officer resulting in a torn ACL and surgery.
- $110,000 for a plumber who tore his rotator cuff after a fall from a ladder.
In addition to these personal results, Michael has worked alongside attorneys on complex litigation cases involving construction site injuries, product liability injuries, and medical malpractice injuries. These cases have resulted in millions more in compensation to Michael’s clients.
Michael is committed to working tirelessly on his clients’ cases. He understands that most clients simply want to know what is happening in their case and is committed to keeping clients informed and comfortable throughout the litigation process.
Areas of Practice
- Car and Trucking Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Products Liability Accidents
- Dog Bite Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- DePaul University College of Law – Juris Doctorate
- Creighton University – Bachelor of Science
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
- Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Association Torts Committee