Motorcycle Accidents Change People’s Lives
We Protect The Interests Of Injured Motorcyclists
The Illinois Secretary of State estimates over 340,000 motorcycle riders share Illinois roads with trucks and automobiles. There are many reasons to ride a motorcycle—fun, low environmental impact, and lower transportation costs. But motorcycles are dangerous.
At Healy Scanlon Law Firm, our experienced attorneys are knowledgeable about accident injury and death caused by the following:
- Negligent drivers: Given the size, speed, and agility of motorcycles, they are oftentimes missed in traffic. Motorcycle accidents are commonly caused by distracted or inattentive drivers merging into a lane already occupied by a motorcycle. Motorcyclists can improve their chances in traffic by driving safely, observing speed and other regulations, and wearing sturdy, easily seen apparel.
- Defective motorcycles parts: Faulty shock absorbers, defective coolant systems, and flawed brakes are just some of the motorcycle parts whose failure can lead to an accident. If a motorcycle or motorcycle part is recalled, the manufacturer is obligated to try and notify owners affected by the recall and repair their product. An experienced personal injury attorney such as those at Healy Scanlon Law Firm can pursue manufacturers responsible for defective parts. If you suffered a motorcycle accident due to a defective product, our attorneys can help you navigate your claim.
- Road conditions: Hazardous road conditions like uneven grades, potholes, pavement seams, and highway trash can easily cause an IL motorcycle accident death. Avoiding obstacles by swerving around road construction, standing water, or rough pavement takes skill, especially in the presence of inattentive automobile drivers.
Choosing An Illinois Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you suffer injury in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of someone else, retaining an experienced lawyer is important. We drive the same roads you do and understand the local hazards.
Look for these qualities when choosing a personal injury law firm:
- Experience: Motorcycles are different from trucks or cars. Healy Scanlon Law Firm represents cyclists severely injured by defective motorcycle parts, distracted drivers, and other causes. Any attorney you hire in Illinois needs specific understanding of the unique challenges of motorcycle safety.
- Resources: Investigative ability, a talented legal pool, and aggressive advocacy are essential for successfully handling motorcycle accident claims against negligent parties.
Ready To Help With Your Motorcycle Accident
With an established reputation of success gaining fair compensation and landmark verdicts for injured clients throughout Illinois, the attorneys at Healy Scanlon Law Firm can help when you suffer motorcycle accident injury. Contact us or call 312-226-4236 today for a free, initial consultation.